Kenneth Hrechka, DDS
- University of Maryland School of Dental Surgery, D.D.S. degree
- University of Maryland School of Dentistry – Certificate in Orthodontics
- Board Certified – Awarded by the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO); Voluntarily Recertified by the ABO -2012
Professional / Awards
- American Dental Association
- Maryland State Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontics (AAO)
- Middle Atlantic Association of Orthodontics – Past Delegate to the AAO for six years
- Maryland State Society of Orthodontics – Past President
- Councilor with the Council On Orthodontic Practice (COOP) for the AAO
- President-Elect: College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Certified Invisalign Provider – Past Award Winner for Invisalign treated case along with filming professional Invisalign education video in California sound stage.
"I believe a person’s smile is extremely important for a person’s overall emotional and healthy well-being. Orthodontics is a constructive process. It begins with examination. It progresses to treatment planning, providing treatment with a trained and licensed staff, and creating something, a smile, better than nature ever offered to begin with. My practice philosophy is to provide the best for my orthodontic patients, utilizing modern and up-to-date orthodontic processes to increase quality and efficiency. I want my patients to be pleased with their smiles when their orthodontic treatment is complete."
Dr. Hrechka is married to Katharine (Kathy) a former USAir flight attendant. Together they have two children: Julia, a student at Mount St. Mary’s University, and Michael an Eagle Scout and future student at Full Sail University. With their children Ken and Kathy have travelled to many locations over the years.
In the past Dr. Hrechka enjoyed may of his children’s activities including: attending soccer games for Julia, assisting Michael when a cub scout and boy scout as a Cubmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster, helping out with little league and other baseball leagues as an assistant coach and later as an umpire, and also often getting beat playing chess with Michael.
Dr. Hrechka also raises many different varieties of roses. In the past he has won his share of ribbons and trophies. In the last few years he has spent more time as a certified horticultural judge with the American Rose Society. In a way participating with roses has similarities with orthodontics. The effort put into both is to add beauty and enjoyment for people, beyond what nature, left alone without intervention and assistance, might offer.
As a current member and officer with the College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontists, Dr. Hrechka has also judged the work of orthodontic residents attending universities across the U.S. and taught many residents how to prepare their orthodontic cases for presentation to the American Board of Orthodontics for their own certification.